Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Democracy brings freedom

From: nodesnetwork@...
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:12:25 -0500

"I love to discuss these subjects with you, if you are interesting.
Also I love to discuss some philosophy and any things will make me to think"

Dear OSAM ALTAEE;

I was excited when I found your web pages and E-books because you sound like me.
As an American, my circumstances have been very different from yours but we have
come to the same spiritual and philosophical position. The Truth is
what matters most.

I'd love to have a discussion with you over the Internet. At the
moment I am living in
France since my own country has turned to warmaking and I stand for peace.
Justice brings peace. I would suggest that democracy brings freedom,
since that is
the way it has happened in the United States. Democracy is more than
voting, it is
also about speaking out for what is right and giving people the
ability to "vote" on
what is right.

I'm working on a proposition regarding Depleted Uranium weapons. Here's the
rough draft of it. When finished, I will allow people to ENDORSE the
proposition.
Do you know what it is ?

"Depleted uranium's radioactive and toxic residue has been linked to
birth defects, cancers, the Gulf War Syndrome.
Military experts from the United States and the United Kingdom have
acknowledged it is a poisonous, radioactive
substance. When DU weapons explode a fine radioactive dust pollutes
the air, water, soil and food of
the area, endangering the lives and safety of local inhabitants for generations.

Since Depleted Uranium weapons are "indiscriminate" and long-lasting
they are already illegal under
existing treaties. They shall henceforth be known as a "Weapons of
Mass Destruction"
and banned from use. Nations with stockpiles of these weapons shall
destroy them or render
them harmless and be held accountable for their use in recent
conflicts by providing health care
to the people of the affected regions and cleaning up the areas where
the radioactive residue can still be found.

National leaders who employ DU weapons shall hereby be seen as
perpetrators of a "crime against humanity."

Your comments are appreciated.

Steve Moyer
http://nodes.net/steve

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Democracy is always touted as a government of freedom. It's not. It's a government that's built upon slavery. There are different kinds of slavery, some more acceptable than others.

The point is, quit treating democracy like it's the best government there is. It simply ISN'T.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home