Friday, July 22, 2005

Human Buttons

From: rmlessl@...
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:45:36 -0600

Hello, Osam. I emailed these addresses about the human
buttons issue:
ecu@un.org
inquiries@un.org
hqpr00@unhcr.ch
tb-petitions@ohchr.org
info@usaforunhcr.org

Here's a copy of the message I sent them:
**********************
I found out some things about your operation from this
website:
http://unhcr.cyberfreehost.com/human-buttons.htm

I agree with some things he said. I think you are doing
something morally wrong in your representation of refugees
as all impoverished, and putting their faces on buttons on
your websites to get donations, most of the money of which
[he claims] doesn't go to the refugess. It would be okay to
use pictures, but not as "Send Us Money!" buttons. I think
it's disgusting that you would use 13-year-old pictures of
people doing something that's not even related to the
present issue, and who themselves aren't even related to the
current issue, and try to pass it off as a current "refugee
crisis."
...
**********************
Just want to say keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home