Sunday, February 13, 2005

Your campaign for remuving the pics

From: octav@...



Greeting sir and respect for your way of thinking and expressing

yourself! I am not a refugee so I cannot say I understand what you feel

or what you are going through.. Still, allow me some points of

observation:

When you say „I'm very sorry to discover that the UNHCR have the same

policies as Saddam Hussein, the tyrant of Iraq!”, are you really

serious? I am a student in Political Science and I must tell you that only

similar things can be compared. And a sovereign state is by no means

comparable with a UN agency. You should take into consideration the fact

that the UNHCR’s budget is formed from voluntary donations from the UN

states… and that they have done a world of good to many refugees. Did you

ever tried to see the world from their perspective?

I am not saying that they are rights and you are wrong! But Saddam

killed maybe 800.000 Kurdish people in his Anfal and relocation campaigns.

You mean to tell me the NHCR did the same???

I totally agree with you on the fact that they should not use the

pictures of refugees without their consent, because this violates their

right to privacy. But when you say that displaying images of Muslim women

without the „Burq’a” veil is a sin, in my view that is just another

patriarchal, narrow-minded, male-centered idea! I mean, how can you talk

about human rights and still believe that making women wear a veil over

their head and even face is legitimate?? And don’t give me the „this is

our culture” speech because I heard it too many times before. I am not

a Muslim, but I read the Koran. I also read the Torah and the Bible.

And in none have I found that it is God’s wish that women wear veils over

their head or face! Maybe you know, maybe you don’t know, but in

traditional Christian orthodox communities women also must wear a veil over

their head, so that other men cannot see their hair… I think it is

something that belongs to the past now.

Of course, we can have a discussion about traditional societies and

their advantages, but never will you convince me that not allowing the

women to get an education and to see how it is to live in a equal society

is the only means of protecting them from the evil world out there. I

am not a women so I don’t really have an informed opinion, but neither

are you, so I’d say it’s a fair argument.

Now, I’d like to learn some more about your views because I was

positively impressed with your ideas and I wanted to post your “article” on my

NGO’s we-site, but when I saw your stand on the veil I changed my mind…

Still, as soon as I will get in touch with somebody from the UNHCR I

will ask him or her your questions!

Best regards and good lock! May Allah be with you!


Re: Your campaign for remuving the pics
Frome: SAM

Dear Octav,



I welcome your observations and I’m very happy. I received many messages about my last campaign but all was support messages. You’re the first one who mentioned some opinions and try to discuss some points with me. I’ll try to comment on the points that you mentioned in your message.



“UNHCR have the same

Policies as Saddam Hussein, the tyrant of Iraq!”, are you really

Serious?”



Yes my friend I’m very serious, and that not my opinion only but that what all the other refugees think here in Lebanon. I’m just trying to bring their voice to the entire world. There are some bad policies in UNHCR and I’m trying to focus the light on these policies. Not only that but I’ll accuse the UNHCR of committed crime against humanity at least in one document event; you’ll read the details in my ebook ‘REFUGES FARM’. I hope you’ll read my book and to help me with some legal points regard that subject.



About comparing the policies of Saddam and the UNHCR.



When I speak: “Saddam has bad policies depend on punishing every one who dare to speak against him”.

When I speak: “UNHCR have bad policies depend on punishing every one who dare to speak against them”.

Here I think that I’m comparing the policies not the persons or the type of the punishment. In Islam killing one human is like killing all the humans. 1 or millions is the same, killing is killing on human or more. If you kill one human you’ll be killer and you’ll stay killer even if you’ll help millions.



“and that they have done a world of good to many refugees. Did you

ever tried to see the world from their perspective?”



No they made the world worse for refugees. You’ll read very detailed and documented example in my ebook “REFUGEES FARM” what you read in my campaign is nothing about UNHCR if you’ll compare it with what in the ebook.



But Saddam killed maybe 800.000 Kurdish people in his Anfal and relocation campaigns.

You mean to tell me the NHCR did the same???



I didn’t speak that they did like Saddam, but I spoke that they have the same policies like Saddam and they didn’t kill that amount of people yet because they didn’t have the same tools. Saddam has the tools. I’m trying now to prevent that for the moment. They killed some refugees and many refugees had died because of them. They tried with me personally. My friend when I see some people at risk and when I see some people get killed in front of my eyes and when they’re under my responsibility. When I see all that and I do nothing or even speak some thing to stop that or even to prevent that from happing in the future so I’ll be killer. I’ll show you many documents about that in my book.



But when you say that displaying images of Muslim women

without the „Burq’a” veil is a sin, in my view that is just another

patriarchal, narrow-minded, male-centered idea! I mean, how can you talk

about human rights and still believe that making women wear a veil over

their head and even face is legitimate?



Sorry but I didn’t speak this! This is completely not correct. This what I spoke: So what do you think now about the UNHCR using pictures of Moslem women on the net as a banner and as a human-button to collect money where millions of men could see her!!! That is a very big sin in Islam. And: As I’m a Moslem and I am sure the UNHCR haven’t asked the woman’s permission to display her picture publicly like they are doing now, I am asking them to respect the Islamic religion and apologize to the woman and remove her picture immediately.



I didn’t speak like you put in your message: displaying images of Muslim women

without the „Burq’a” veil is a sin. I mentioned the veil as an example for what the some Moslems thinks about exposing the face. But I mentioned that exposing that woman without her permission is a sin. Notice that I didn’t speak ‘without a veil’ she has 2 covers on her head and the UNHCR used the picture like it’s. I consider the veil is personal matter and every woman has the right to wear or not, that isn’t my business. But to use a picture of refugees like they doing now to collect money is humiliating and they redacted nearly 20 millions refugees in these pictures. These pictures representing others and me we don’t agree and that. Now if they used these pictures to bring help for these humans in these pictures exclusively, that’ll be another matter but like you see they generalized the idea about the idea that the refugees are poor and in need for money. Show me please one human being on earth doesn’t need money! We’re all in need for money, that’s for all the humans not only the refugees. Believe me we need understanding and security before the money and what they’re doing now will not bring both of what we need.



Maybe you know, maybe you don’t know, but in

traditional Christian orthodox communities women also must wear a veil over

their head, so that other men cannot see their hair… I think it is

something that belongs to the past now.



I know about that, I saw many times in the movies the women in funerals put veils in western countries. I think it’s relating to the dignity of human not for religions. We as humans use cloths to bring more respect, good cloths show every one that you’re respectful. Mostly the cloths give some impression about the human. Vail like the hat its just messages.



but never will you convince me that not allowing the

women to get an education and to see how it is to live in a equal society

is the only means of protecting them from the evil world out there.



My friend I’m humanist not religious or politician man. I consider the veil as any other personal matter. Any woman has the right to wear or not. In my family one of my sister wear vail and the other not, they just do what they like. For us it’s just a piece of cloths. But the problem of veil now in the world became subject to attack the Moslems. The majority of girls and women don’t wear it now, but when the west used it for political purposes like in France. At any way this is not my subject. But I think that I need to rewrite this part of the article.



I hope the people of the UNHCR will answer you. Please could you tell me the way you’ll use to contact them? At nay way they didn’t answer any one whom contacted them. I wish you good luck with them.



Thank you for your care. I hope we’ll have more cooperation. And please, could you tell me more about you.



Friend4all

SAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home