Sunday, February 13, 2005

World Portrait

From: sociocracy@...
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:03:44 -0500

Dear Sam,

My name is Mariëlle Jansen, I live in the Netherlands (also called Holland). I have been a volunteer in the field of assistance to refugees for many years, so of course I was touched by your email 'If you are a human', which I received through the Australian Quest 2025 list.
This email reminded me of an article I read in the September issue of 'Internationale Samenwerking', a magazine that is published and spread free of charge by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs (dept. of Development Co-operation).
This article dealt with an organisation called 'World Portraits', which is creating awareness about the need to recognise copyrights of people in third world countries whose photos are used for campaigns etc.

World Portraits was started by BAS VAN BEEK, who works with the photo department of largest Dutch press agency ANP (Algemeen Nederlands Persbureau). I think he would be the person you need to contact.
I looked up the web site and found this address at www.anp.nl:
photo@anp.nl

Wishing you all the best in your campaign,
Sincerely, Marielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home