Sunday, January 29, 2006

Islam

From: ks97s444@...
Date: Tue May 10, 2005 4:24 am

Hi. Your message included an invitation to email you, so I decided to write.
Though I am not a Muslim, I have a deep respect for and interest in the Islamic
faith. But I live in an area that's almost 100% "Christian", so I've never met
a Muslim. If you have time and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you
answer a couple of questions concerning Islam? Why are all the prayers spoken
in Arabic? And why is it sinful for the lady shown on your website to have her
picture on the internet? Again, if you're too busy to reply I completely
understand and won't think badly of you for it. Thank you for your time and for
your very enlightening website.
Best wishes,
Jessie

--
From: sam@...
Re: Islam

Dear Jessie,
Sorry for my delayed reply. I'll try to answer your questions.
"Why are all the prayers spoken in Arabic?" I didn't thought about that, and I'm not sure that all prayers must be in Arabic. I heard people using another language in their Islamic prayers. I'll ask about that question and I'll contact you again.

"Why is it sinful for the lady shown on your website to have her picture on the Internet?" according Islam the women mustn't show their faces in public. Some people think that showing any part of women body is a sin. The explanation for that is: according to the religion such act means 'seduction' and it'll lead the men to lost control on themselves and committed another sin. In the case of the woman on the human-buttons of the UNHCR done without her permission and that in Islam is a sin on them because they unveil her face in public. This matter acted our tradition and our behave in our society. I like to give you detailed answer but I'm not religious man. Please contact again if you like to discuss any thing with me and I hope you'll tell me more about you.

I like to publish your message on my blog http://unhcr.blogspot.com with or without your contact details, as you like. I'm waiting for your permission.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Friend4all
SAM
http://www.unhcr.info
http://unhcr.blogspot.com