Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Thank you for writing

Sender: Mirko Montuori
Wed Sep 7, 2005 2:32 am

Hello Mr Osam,


I am Mirko Montuori, an italian student in Political sciences and international
relations. I got your message on my webgroup and I would like to thank you for
it. I have read your story and I am really sorry for all the troubles you had in
your life, especially under Saddam Hussein. I am part of an italian liberal
webring, called Tocqueville, and I own a blog (www.mirko7usa.splinder.com). I am
also activist for a political party here in Italy, Forza Italia, and coordinator
of the group "Students for freedom" in my university. And, I am organizing for
the next year a simulation of UN activities in Milan (MILMUN), which will be the
first edition here in Italy. We will have soon a website. I would like that your
story could be known here, and that the of us understand the unbelievable
conditions of people like you, before under a dictatorship, then as a refugee.
Many european countries don't have laws about people like you (Italy has not
too), I think that letting now stories like yours our opinions and uninterest
can change. I really hope so. I ask you then if I may write an article for my
blog and then for the review in my university about you. I will give you a
translated version before, of course.
I still thank you for your good job and whish you all the best!


Hope to talk to you soon,


Mirko Montuori
--
sam@umacr.org ha scritto:
Dear Mirko Montuori,

Sorry to be late in my reply, I was in Roumiah prison, the police arrested me at 31/Aug in the office of the UNHCR because I was photographing the office then I spent 55 days in prison for entering Lebanon illegally. You can see the pictures and read my article in my site www.unhcr.info/smile/smile.html it'll be part of my new campaign.

I'm very happy to read your message and to read your words about me. I like we will become friends. I'll look to see your blog tomorrow when I'll go to net shop. I'll be happier if you'll publish any thing about my activities or me on your blog or via any means you can. I like to know more about you and your activities for freedom and also about the 'simulation of UN activities in Milan' and if possible I can participate in it by any way you like. I'm waiting for your opinions about my new campaign 'smile'. I wish you the best in your life.

I like to publish your message on my blog http://unhcr.blogspot.com with your permission.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.
Peace upon you.
Friend4all
SAM
--

Re: Thank you for writing
Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:31 pm
Sender: Mirko Montuori

Dear Sam,

I am really sorry for what you are living and about the fact you were imprisoned. I just want you to know that your fight for freedom is something I really appreciate and I will try to do my best to let you know about your vicissitudes.
I am only 21 years old, and I am studying Political sciences and International relations in Milan, where I founded a student group called "Studenti per le libertà" ("Student for freedoms"), of which I am the coordinator. I am also the director of a student magazine which will be published soon in all Milan universities.
And, I am part of TocqueVille blog's net, made up of italian people who stand for freedom and feel right to fight against totalitarisms.
I am telling you this because I would like to help you through these poor ways, it's all I can do, but I am really glad to do it. Of course you can publish my emails, you are already a friend to me! I really wish you will have the chance to come over to Italy sometimes, maybe for Milan International Model United Nations.
This simulation of UN activities (e.g., Security Council, WTO, UNDP and UNHCR workshops...) will be held next may in Milan for the first time. It is addressed to students, but there will be experts taking part to conferences. Actually, our main problem is money, currently we are looking for more sponsors in order to make all this true. But we already have the partnership of Bocconi University and ISPI (Institute for Studies of International Politics). I will let you know about future developements.
I whish you all the best and hope to hearing from you soon.

Mirko Montuori