Tuesday, May 23, 2006

God: Christian's & Muslim's

From: jeff@...
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:29:29 -0500
Subject: God: Christian's & Muslim's

Hello Osam,

I am, with great interest, reading your biography and struggles on your umacr website. Being an Iraqi, I am assuming that you are Muslim. I do not regard myself as technically a Christian (I'm simply a monotheist - believe in God), and have recently been in conversations with Christians regarding the nature of God. (btw, they would never type God's name in full, they write it G*d, I guess out of fear from Him <- notice how I capitalize the "H").

Anyway, they (some Christians) apparently feel that Allah (Islam's god) is different from God (their Christian god). Is he? Asking for your thoughts from someone who respects all religious beliefs and believes in freedom for all of them, even Athiests. Godspeed,

- Jeff in West Virginia, USA

--
From: sam@...
To: jeff@...
Subject: Re: God: Christian's & Muslim's

Dear Jeff,

In Islam we believe that God is one for every human and we have respect for all prophets as we have for our prophet Mohamed. We’re not afraid from mention the name of God (Allah). Allah is the creator of the live and all the humans. So we respect the other 2 religions the Christianity and Jewish.

I like to publish your message on my blog http://unhcr.blogspot.com with your permission.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Friend4all

SAM

http://www.unhcr.info

http://unhcr.blogspot.com

--

From: jeff@...
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:43:03 +0600
Subject: Re: God: Christian's & Muslim's

Hey Sam,

It's good to hear from you. I thought the UN might have shut you down again. Glad they haven't. Sure, yes - you have my permission to post my comment on your blogspot, BUT, please keep my email address private just between us. Please do not post my email address. Thank you.

- Jeff, WV, USA