Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Peace Mission

Sender: Adam Rice
Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:41 pm

Dear Osam,
I came across your website while doing some research for a project I am working
on for the non-profit organization "Breaking the Ice". As activists for mutual
respect and understanding between all peoples, we share the same vision as you
for a peaceful world where everyone lives in harmony. Congratulations on the
wonderful work you are doing!


Our approach at Breaking the Ice is to bring people of opposing viewpoints
together and put them into situations where they must learn to depend on and
trust one another. Last year, a group of 4 Israelis and 4 Palestinians trekked
for 30 days across Antarctica, climbed a mountain that had never been climbed
before, and claimed it in the name of peace.


This year we are going on a journey through the Middle East with people of
various nationalities and religions, beginning in Jerusalem and ending in
Tripoli, Libya. We have the gracious endorsements of the Dalai Lama, Kofi Annan,
Shimon Peres, Michael Gorbachev, and King Abdullah of the Heshemite Kingdom of
Jordan.


Our goal is to bring a story of hope to the rest of the world. Breaking the Ice
is currently recruiting candidates for our 2006 Journey to the Sahara
expedition. I would very much like to know more about you and your background,
and discuss the possibility of your participation on our journey.


You can reach me with any of the contact information below. Please let me know
the best way to contact you.


Wishing you peace always,
Adam Rice
Chief Operating Officer
Breaking the Ice
Berlin, Germany


adam@breakingtheice.org
+49 160 9109 1626
--

From: sam@...
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 12:29 PM
To: adam@breakingtheice.org
Subject: Re: Peace Mission

Dear Adam Rice,

Sorry to be late in my reply, I was in Roumiah prison, the police arrested
me at 31/Aug in the office of the UNHCR because I was photographing the
office then I spent 55 days in prison for entering Lebanon illegally. You
can see the pictures and read my article in my site
www.unhcr.info/smile/smile.html it'll be part of my new campaign.

I'm currently a refugee living in Lebanon and also I'm activist for human
rights and peace. I like to cooperate with you and to know more about your
project, please let me know how I can help you. I appreciate much what you
think about my work.

I like to publish your message on my blog http://unhcr.blogspot.com with
your permission.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.
Peace upon you.
Friend4all
SAM