Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Alternatives

Sender: Peter Allan Bontuyan
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi, I have received your e-mail through our Yahoo!Group WWB2005.

I see your point that UNHCR's donate buttons can humiliate and even paint a
wrong picture about our refugee brothera and sisters. I just would like to
suggest presenting an alternative to these buttons to further strengthen your
advocacy - showing them that there is a better way of presenting the challenges
faced by refugees around the world.

Many people still are not aware of the real state of the lives of refugees, and
I commend you for working to enlighten us about this. I now know that refugees
are not necessarily poeple
who have lost their material possessions but people who have lost a homeland.

Mabuhay!

from the Philippines,
Peter