Monday, February 27, 2006

Together we will build a better world

From: thuha29_6@...
Date: Mon May 30, 2005 10:02 pm
Subject: Together we will build a better world

Dear Sam,


Firstly, I want to introduce myself. I am a Vietnamese girl and I am a member of
LL.M yahoo groups. It is nice to receive a letter from a great person like you
and I am now writing a reply to you as a person who really care for the
refugees. I read your mail carefully and I am truly moved. Noone wants to get a
very bad situation in their life but life sometimes is not fair and the world
where we are living sometime is not safe and peace. Who has responsibility for
these problems ? Noone except us. However, we need to share the responsibility
and also share the help. We can not alive or exsist without helping in this
world.
Secondly, I would like to say that the way you use the Internet as a field for
your campaign is the best way and your book does give us useful information
about the war and conflict countries. We just know via Internet, TV, newspapers
or the other tools if someone do concern. However, I do not think UNHCR forgot
all of you, they just did not give thier hearts minds for this job. Therefore,
what you are doing now is an alarm for all UNHCR workers in order to make a
better UNHCR and ask for a better UNHCR workers.As you know, UNHCR send Goodwill
Ambassadors to you to remind that they do not forget you, and in another side
she /he will help you to solve the problems in their authorities.
Thirdly, everyone knows that there are many ways to help refugees such as
donation, refugees activists, etc, however here we have to face with one thing,
that will be a culture. It might be funny but it is true. I do not want to talk
about the other sensitive things, but I can not deny the role of culture in our
life. Therefore, to help everyone to understand about human right, about
refugees is to help yourself. And I truly believe that eveyone won't ignore you.
We can say, UNHCR did not work very well, so why don't we give more opions and
speak out your rights to ask for help. I hope that the UNHCR worker will soon
realize their unlackable role in this world.
I just drop some words to you to express my deep feeling and hope that you will
be successful in this feild. I will take more time to read all the book and
hope to help you.
Sincerely,
Thu Ha